is located across from Emancipation Park in the Grand Hotel. Emancipation Park was named in commemoration of the July 3d, 1848 emancipation of slaves in the Danish West Indies. On the west side of the park is a conch blower statue which also commemorates emancipation; and a reproduction of the Liberty Bell (every U.S. state and territory has a copy of the Bell). A bust of Denmark’s King Christian IX is situated in the middle of the park. Adjacent to the north side is Grand Galleria; opened in 1840 as the Commercial Hotel and Coffee House. In its heyday the Hotel was the accommodation of distinguished and well-to-do visitors. It remained a hotel until 1975. Renamed Grand Galleria in 2000, it is currently home to Jen’s Island Cafe and Deli.